Monday, March 17, 2008

What to say??

Over the past few years I have attempted to experience this thing called blogging. Is it beneficial? At times I have found that many of my contemporaries have expressed themselves via this new technology. I have also found that it has taken up some of their time...time that could be used to do ministry, read the word, dig into a book, spend some time with a friend...so why in the world would I want to distract myself from all these good things?

I guess I feel that I can learn more about myself if I actively journal through this blog.

So why, "Learning 2 Abide" as a title? One of my favorite verse of scripture is found in John 15: "Jesus said 'I am the vine. You are the branches. If a man abides in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing.' " Life is about learning. Too many people close the door on the adventure of expanding thought and experience. I want my life to be one of learning. I also want my life to be one of abiding. Abiding in my Savior. Experiencing love, encouragement, strength, Faith.

As I begin this adventure...may I learn...may I abide...and may I not get so wrapped up in this blogging thing that I become irrelevant in the ministry God has blessed me with.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Welcome to the blogosphere MO! Blogging can indeed be time consuming, but it can be a great way to sort out your thoughts (and in my case, say stupid things a lot, which keeps me humble when I go back to read them later). It's also a good way of helping others keep up with where you're headed.

Let me know when you're in town, and we'll hang out, for sure.

Michael said...

I hope that this can be a forum where it will be a benefit for you and be yet another outlet to share your ministry and be a blessing to others.

Chance1968 said...

I have seen atheist on their knees praying to a God they say they believe does not exist. Seeing this is nothing short of Miraculous! A reaffirmation of ones own soul. It is seeing deep inside yourself and knowing you were right for believing in Christ all along! Morgan, You have the strength of the spirit in you and "God can do anyhing but Fail"